5 Tactics to Convince a Reluctant Spouse or Friend to Try Naturism
Photo by Emre Can Acer on Pexels.com
So, your spouse or your best friend knows you’re a naturist. You’ve asked them to join you on a naturist expedition (beach, pool, resort, hike…) and they gave you the weird look and said “Nooooooo!”. Is it the end of the world as you’ve imagined it? Nope! If they had said yes, of course, your life would be easier, but because they said no, this does not close the door to naturism. One day, sooner or later, they’ll probably join you, and may become avid naturists and nudists too. But how can you achieve such a result? Here are 5 simple tactics that have proven to be effective to have others try naturism and nudism.
As Wikipedia explains, “Five whys is an iterative interrogative technique used to explore the cause-and-effect relationships underlying a particular problem. The primary goal of the technique is to determine the root cause of a defect or problem by repeating the question, ‘Why?’ five times. The answer to the fifth why should reveal the root cause of the problem.” It’s very effective to dig deeper in a problem and allows to drive the discussion to a point where there could be a decision or at least a consensus. I find it particularly valuable for emotionally charged discussions, like some related to social nudity for some person who cannot separate nudity from sexuality, at least at the onset.
Here how such a conversation could go:
– Me: Would you join me to the nudist beach?
– Other: No way.
– Me: Why?
– Other: Because I don’t want to be naked at the beach.
– Me: Why?
– Other: Because you can’t do that.
– Me: Why?
– Other: Because I don’t want people to see me naked?
—Me: But everybody will also be naked, why wouldn’t agree to go naked?
– Other: Because I’m not a supermodel and I will not be at ease.
– Me: Why should you not be at ease if everybody else is also naked?
– Other: I don’t know, it does not feel right.
– Me: If you stay in your swimsuit, would you agree to come with me to the nude beach and decide when there?
—Other: Well, okay, I can do that. You’re sure I will be able to keep my swimsuit?
—Me: Hundred percent sure. Thank you. If I give you a book abou …
Read further at Nude and Happy…